SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
Each region has a historical past and cultural heritage. In our region there are the precious heritages such as historical sites, natural beauty, delicious food and life styles. In fact, many people are not aware of these beauty and values. However, they all have a story and a value for us. We have to pass on these values and beauties with their stories and information to the other generations. Thus, most people will realize their precious at last. Maybe a lot of beauty and values will begin to disappear through the time but they all will always remain fresh in our magic frames. Photo shoots will be done in each school's region, historical sites, natural wonders, local cuisine, traditional clothing and lifestyles emphasizing draw attention to them and intend to make a cultural exchange.
First of all, each school will have some photos of their own region, historical sites, natural beauty, local food, traditional clothes and ways of life. These photographs and their information will be exhibited in both host country’s school and in other participants schools.
In this project, each participants will takes photos for two years for exhibitions,web pages, publishing activities and in the end all will be compiled as photography magazine. Pictures which are taken by the students will always be shared through exhibitions to public. With a common choice of the schools involved in the project, the magic frames will be identified and they will be printed in the magazine. Thus,all participants will get enough informations about the other countries’ regions, schools, cultures, natural beauties, historical places and have some miracle frames from those places. In addition, there will be an affective cooperation, communication and sharing among the participants’ teachers and students with this project.
What are the concrete objectives of the partnership?
- to promote international cooperation and communication among students and teachers in different European countries;
- to give teachers and students the opportunity to observe their environment closely so that they can realize their historical places and monuments, natural beauties and to provide the consciousness to protect these values;
- to provide an awareness of their local meals, traditional costumes and living styles and to engage them to take care of them.
- to provide solutions to the environmental problems, identifying environmental problems and finding solutions for them;
- to encourage students and teachers to use information and communication technologies (ICT);
- to support schools environmental clubs’ nice works related to the project and disseminate their products throughout international dimension;
- to encourage students to use foreign languages and develop their awareness of different languages and promote them to learn the less-used European languages;
- to increase interests and sympathy towards the photographic art;
- to enhance the creation of lifelong learning skills and competencies ;
-to accept responsibility for cultural heritage and to act accordingly.
- to enable teachers and students to realize the differences and similarities of other European cultures.
On a second level the students will acquire and practise personal and social soft skills, such as
• successful teamwork;
• accepting and taking responsibility;
• respecting the diversity of the countries of the European Union;
• being tolerant towards others;
• seeing themselves and their personal environment in a larger European context;
• and finally being active as European citizens.